Clip Thoughts
So in viewing many of the clips for the very first AMV HELLSPAWN, a general thought came to mind about some of the clips and how things have changed over time in watching many AMVs and AMV HELLs. Have our tastes changed over time on what we want from a clip, in the past many clips have worked just for being odd/random, now many clips are very much a skit with a true start and finish. What is the thoughts on this and what do some expect or feel that a clip should have, are you happy with that odd/random clip or do you want a start and finish to a clip as with a complete skit or a bit of a song to tell the story? As they always say humor is subjective and in past there have been many discussions on what is funny but lets hear some good general thoughts or some stories on something that has been seen that worked and share some examples if that helps.
I've found that the occasional odd/random clip can be funny, as long as they aren't overdone.
I found that the clips don't necessarily need to funny, they can just be a good short AMV.
I also don't mind ones that create some emotion or have a message to them
[Image: 2r468eu.gif]
(01-08-2016, 10:00 AM)pzykosiz Wrote:  I found that the clips don't necessarily need to funny, they can just be a good short AMV.
I also don't mind ones that create some emotion or have a message to them
I like these types of clips myself, but I feel like they don't fit in a AMV Hell video. AMV Hell is meant to be funny, not awesome (unless awesomely funny). As much as I love the clips themselves, I dislike having them in the same video as all the humorous clips. If anything they should have their own entirely separate video....although that might not work out well, either.

In most cases I'd say turn them into full-length AMV's.
[Image: fF2P9lJ.jpg]
There was plenty of examples of good, non-humourous clips in the Hell videos, though of course that may be subjective
[Image: 2r468eu.gif]
(01-09-2016, 12:19 PM)pzykosiz Wrote:  There was plenty of examples of good, non-humourous clips in the Hell videos, though of course that may be subjective

I'm not saying they were few or that they were bad or even that they were never in Hell videos. I'm saying that they don't really fit the "theme" of a Hell video, IMO.
[Image: fF2P9lJ.jpg]
You gotta make the jokes end on time. Timing is fucking everything.
Yes, I WAS under a rock for 20 years.