Windows FUCKING Movie Maker
I just cannot find any other free video editing software and this thing sucks. I can make it work, but this shit is gonna take WEEKS for a simple 40 second video. Anyone care to give me a clue as to how I can get better software? I haven't done any software piracy since 2001.

EDIT- Oh shit. I just found something. But still, if anyone has any software tips, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Yes, I WAS under a rock for 20 years. 
Not free, but I recommend Sony Vegas.
No matter what editor you use, just make sure it doesn't degrade the quality of your output video at rendering with bad compression or interlacing.
Other then that, any simple free video editor should suffice for most basic ideas.
Free video editing software?
Try Avidemux. A very basic program good for simple, cut and paste video editing. All of my videos have gone through avidemux at some point or other.
If Sony Vegas is walking, Avidemux is crawling; but hey- gotta learn to crawl first, right?
In a similar vein- Virtual Dub is always helpful to have at the ready. I usually use this to render out sequences of still-frames for image editing.

Just make sure you’ve got a lossless video codec installed. I’ve always found HuffyUV to be reliable.
Thanks for the help! Avidemux does not seem to like my audio files though. Even learning to crawl can be a bitch sometimes, I guess. lol

I think I can finger it out from here if I can manage to install that codec.

Also, "Cocccc" isn't supposed to be on the end of my name. Not sure how to fix that.

43 minutes later - AHA! I think I've got this now. Avidemux is REALLY good for cutting up videos, lightworks seems to be really good for stitching them together. Wow. Video editing has really changed in the last 14 years. Damn it's good to have a PC again. Thanks again for the help guys!
(10-15-2015, 12:12 AM)CoyoteGrandeCocccc Wrote:  Also, "Cocccc" isn't supposed to be on the end of my name. Not sure how to fix that.
Law can probably fix it, being the admin and all. Try asking him about it.

I should give some of these programs a try myself. So far all I've used is Vegas, but if there's a better way I'd like to start using it.
[Image: fF2P9lJ.jpg]
(10-15-2015, 12:12 AM)CoyoteGrandeCocccc Wrote:  Also, "Cocccc" isn't supposed to be on the end of my name. Not sure how to fix that.
Fixed. Make sure to login with the username "CoyoteGrande".
(10-16-2015, 03:40 PM)LawRayLiet Wrote:  
Fixed. Make sure to login with the username "CoyoteGrande".

Thanks. Making progress learning these programs. Also, I need to do some more cat-filming. Never mind why.
Sony vegas is the best imo.