AMV Hellspawn
AMV HELL Panel? - Printable Version

+- AMV Hellspawn (http://amvhellspawn.com)
+-- Forum: AMV Hellspawn (http://amvhellspawn.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (http://amvhellspawn.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: AMV HELL Panel? (/thread-79.html)

AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 04-28-2016

So on the 2016 MomoCon schedule, there is an AMV HELL panel scheduled for Thursday at about 4 PM. Does anyone here have any idea who is hosting it? Or is anyone from the Hell/Hellspawn community planning to attend? I am going to try and check it out due to curiosity, but I'm really not sure what it will even be. There is no description that I can find, like whether or not it's just a screening or if it's and actual community thing.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - SilentChaz - 04-29-2016

Nothing I know about.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - Thedarkmessenger - 04-29-2016

Keep in mind SSG is still technically "in charge", so it may be him. I think he's attended MomoCon before.

Of course, it could just be some random person using the AMV Hell name. Or a screening. Hard to say with no description or anything.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - LawRayLiet - 04-29-2016

I'm gonna guess it's just a screening, which we'll still see from time to time at cons. I don't believe there's ever been any sort of community thing outside of that.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 04-29-2016

It was a question out of curiosity, since they are having like a ton of AMV crash course panels and contest panels. If it WAS a community thing, though, it could be actualyl kinda cool to check out, but who knows? Maybe I could go anyway and help spread word about Hellspawn for you guys.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - LawRayLiet - 06-01-2016

Did you end up checking it out?

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 06-02-2016

Didn't get to the convention in time due to traffic. I stayed for a couple AMV editing panels and listened to what these people had to say, but a lot of them seemed very disinterested in this type of work. They were aware of AMV Hell but basically said it didn't take effort.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - SilentChaz - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 12:49 AM)itschickenscratch Wrote:  a lot of them seemed very disinterested in this type of work.
They were aware of AMV Hell but basically said it didn't take effort.

"Work". Heh. Well... it might seem that way some days.
I'm tempted to call these people snobs, but I'm not particularly fond of "proper" AMVs myself. Still- rather cheeky.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 06:54 AM)SilentChaz Wrote:  I'm tempted to call these people snobs, but I'm not particularly fond of "proper" AMVs myself. Still- rather cheeky.

I can see the appeal for "proper" AMVs, and I have tried a couple, but I don't think they're "better" in any way than what we do. Regardless, they were acting pretty snobby the whole time, bragging about how once this guy in their group made a whole AMV with just Notepad.exe and nothing else, as if that made him cool.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - LawRayLiet - 06-02-2016

Funny thing is that most traditional AMVs these days are just high motion scenes set to vaguely fitting mainstream songs. If you can match the beat and add in some stock effects it's considered "good". Real creativity is rare to be found.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - Thedarkmessenger - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 12:33 PM)itschickenscratch Wrote:  bragging about how once this guy in their group made a whole AMV with just Notepad.exe and nothing else, as if that made him cool.

How the heck do you make a video using nothing but a "basic of the basics" text editor? I'm calling BS on that guy's claim.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 11:12 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  How the heck do you make a video using nothing but a "basic of the basics" text editor? I'm calling BS on that guy's claim.

Batch files can do literally whatever you tell them to do, so I assume it can edit a video. But also yeah I'm pretty sure he was full of shit.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 06-03-2016

Funny enough, one of the people at the panel was responsible for this.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - Thedarkmessenger - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 12:24 PM)itschickenscratch Wrote:  
(06-02-2016, 11:12 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  How the heck do you make a video using nothing but a "basic of the basics" text editor? I'm calling BS on that guy's claim.

Batch files can do literally whatever you tell them to do, so I assume it can edit a video. But also yeah I'm pretty sure he was full of shit.

but don't said batch files still need a separate program to actually output a video file?

Or is notepad just genuinely more magical than I ever realized?
(06-03-2016, 08:28 PM)itschickenscratch Wrote:  Funny enough, one of the people at the panel was responsible for this.

you mean Kireblue? He showed us that on Hell awhile ago. Right around when he made it, I believe.

RE: AMV HELL Panel? - itschickenscratch - 06-04-2016

(06-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  but don't said batch files still need a separate program to actually output a video file?
Or is notepad just genuinely more magical than I ever realized?

Notepad can do just about anything as long as you save the file in the right format. ffmpeg works using only batch files for the most part.

(06-03-2016, 09:39 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  you mean Kireblue? He showed us that on Hell awhile ago. Right around when he made it, I believe.

He wasn't necessarily the one who said the comments, it was somebody else who was doing the panel with him. I am not familiar with all the people that were there, and I am just reporting what happened.