AMV Hellspawn
AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Printable Version

+- AMV Hellspawn (http://amvhellspawn.com)
+-- Forum: AMV Hellspawn (http://amvhellspawn.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News (http://amvhellspawn.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter (/thread-55.html)

AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - LawRayLiet - 01-09-2016

After receiving over 40 entries from more then a dozen different editors, we've finally reached the point of releasing the first AMV Hellspawn episode to you.
Thank you to everyone who submitted entries. I'm hoping we get to see some more great stuff from you in the next episode as well, which is officially open for entries now.

Due to copyright restrictions on YouTube there may be times where a video is excluded from the YouTube upload, but still available via Vimeo and the downloadable versions.
This is so the whole episode wont be unviewable because of a single entry. There was one such instance this episode. Videos which have been removed from the YouTube upload will be noted below.

If you have an account on "amvhellspawn.com", you can download this episode as an attachment or from "animemusicvideos.org".
Each episode will also be available to stream from YouTube and Vimeo.

Without further ado...

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/151205129
AnimeMusicVideos.org: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=200083

Excluded From YouTube
SilentChaz
Parasyte
Alice Cooper - I'll bite your face off

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - pzykosiz - 01-09-2016

Pretty decent start.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Thedarkmessenger - 01-09-2016

Video was pretty good overall. I'm not one that likes to brag too much, but it was still nice to see my video as part of the OP sequence. Big Grin

I also find it somewhat humorous one of Chaz's videos was the first to piss off youtube's overly sensitive copyright BS. Good thing we have a downloadable version and a Vimeo channel. Gonna be "fun" for Law to constantly update the youtube version every time they cry about it.

I'll probably post a review of each clip later, unless we're against doing that sort of thing here. I personally don't care much either way.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Zero_II - 01-10-2016

I think this is the start of something beautiful. Hellspawn can only grow from here. I'm looking forward to a bright future...

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - SilentChaz - 01-10-2016

(01-09-2016, 07:50 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  1. I also find it somewhat humorous one of Chaz's videos was the first to piss off youtube's overly sensitive copyright BS.
2. I'll probably post a review of each clip later, unless we're against doing that sort of thing here.

1. And for a 7 second clip, no less. Humorous indeed.
2. Knock yourself out.

(01-10-2016, 04:26 AM)Zero_II Wrote:  I'm looking forward to a bright future...

We’ll need more new faces contributing in order to help realise this bright future.

I’m planning on putting together a crash course/guide to basic AMV creation. Soon there will be no excuse for anybody not submitting entries.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Thedarkmessenger - 01-18-2016

Got bored and too sick to do much of anything else, so finally got around to reviewing the clips. I cut out the reviews where all I had to say was super vague statements like "it was funny" or "I didn't like it", so not every clip is gonna be listed here.

adzman
Dragon Ball
Dream Weaver 

I feel this one would've worked better using an instrumental love song. Felt kinda off having "ever seen a grown man naked?" immediately after a song that sounds completely different.

LawRayLiet
Sabagebu!
Paper Planes

Biggest thing that kills this for me is that it's already been done before, and done better. Not a bad clip necessarily, but a "meh" one that's a bit late to the party.

SilentChaz
One-Punch Man
Freak Strike

The inclusion of the Maury logo really sold this one, in addition to everything matching so perfectly.

TheDarkMessenger
Watamote
Party By Myself

What I really liked about this from a creator's standpoint is how much I was able to improve it from it's original tennis thread incarnation. Getting constructive feedback really helped with that.

SuperLoliSentai
Jin-Roh
Beggin' Strips

My personal favorite in the bunch, although personally I didn't like how it slowed down at the end. Better ways it could've been done, and it also would've worked just leaving it at normal speed.

SilentChaz
Parasyte
Go the fuck to sleep

This one felt incomplete to me. The "go the fuck to sleep" isn't really a good joke by itself.

LawRayLiet
Dragon Ball Super
Fight to the Death

I thought this one was pretty funny as is, but it would've done this clip a LOT of good if there was actually a "last slice". It's pretty obvious all the boxes are empty, and the only actual pizza you see is the slice he finishes off at the very beginning.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - LawRayLiet - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 04:56 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  LawRayLiet
Sabagebu!
Paper Planes

Biggest thing that kills this for me is that it's already been done before, and done better. Not a bad clip necessarily, but a "meh" one that's a bit late to the party.
Now you've got me curious. I don't recall the anime or the song ever being used in an AMV Hell or Minis before. (which is mainly what we check against.) 
Unless you mean a similar idea has been done before with different sources?

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Thedarkmessenger - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 11:20 PM)LawRayLiet Wrote:  
(01-18-2016, 04:56 PM)Thedarkmessenger Wrote:  LawRayLiet
Sabagebu!
Paper Planes

Now you've got me curious. I don't recall the anime or the song ever being used in an AMV Hell or Minis before. (which is mainly what we check against.) 
Unless you mean a similar idea has been done before with different sources?
I don't remember for sure where I first saw it, but it might not have been AMV Hell. Probably wasn't if neither you nor Chaz have seen the idea before. I've seen a few other compilations over the years, and I very specifically recall seeing this idea done at least once.

I kinda want to rewatch some of them, so I'll let you know if I come across the clip(s) again.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Woy - 03-03-2016

Nice !!
Well done...

My less fav: the pig & bacon (not 'cos they were bad but 'cos we already know all that)
My fav: Friends, sweeet / DBZ pizza: I didn't expect the fight, good surprise / The World, haha!! excellent, I love it!!

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Gamewizard - 03-28-2016

i really enjoyed watching this and im really excited to see the first of hopefully many I was worried this was just gonna stay an idea and not go anywhere but hopefully now I can get into the second one. And that how to would be great since yall always bashed mine on the other place lol

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - LawRayLiet - 03-29-2016

(03-28-2016, 01:03 AM)Gamewizard Wrote:  i really enjoyed watching this and im really excited to see the first of hopefully many I was worried this was just gonna stay an idea and not go anywhere but hopefully now I can get into the second one. And that how to would be great since yall always bashed mine on the other place lol
Read up on the how to, you'll learn more from then on through trial and error. We'll try to help with advice specifically when you submit an entry.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - SilentChaz - 03-29-2016

(03-28-2016, 01:03 AM)Gamewizard Wrote:  yall always bashed mine on the other place lol
Uh-oh, did I do that?

I've tried to embrace Hellspawn as a fresh start and leave behind the negative feelings the "other place" seemed to inspire in me. 

Have I been able to do this? I guess you lot will be the judge of that.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - itschickenscratch - 03-29-2016

(03-29-2016, 08:06 AM)SilentChaz Wrote:  Have I been able to do this? I guess you lot will be the judge of that.

You seem to have cooled down a bit, which makes your reviews and instructionals more helpful rather than some people seeing them as attacks. This sadly renders the Chazatar meme in my videos kinda pointless.

RE: AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter - Gamewizard - 03-30-2016

(03-29-2016, 08:06 AM)SilentChaz Wrote:  
(03-28-2016, 01:03 AM)Gamewizard Wrote:  yall always bashed mine on the other place lol
Uh-oh, did I do that?

I've tried to embrace Hellspawn as a fresh start and leave behind the negative feelings the "other place" seemed to inspire in me. 

Have I been able to do this? I guess you lot will be the judge of that.

I enjoyed your honest opinion when I was creating something I always think I cant wait to see SilentChaz response to this. It is always amusing